Friday, July 30, 2010

Subjected in Hope


The suffering of this world has been hitting me pretty hard, lately. Mostly, because it is so close to home. I'm perplex by it and in my limited knowledge it is hard not to ask WHY? Some of the why was answered in Piper's sermon to a congregation and family that is watching their 30 something pastor, husband and father battle a tumor in his brain. "Subjected in Hope"
He reminds me this world is not as it is meant to be. There is pain and suffering, but it is not in vain. God is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance, acknowledging Him as LORD of their life. I pray my life reflects this for those that He puts in my path, especially my children. And thus, the hurt we see and experience, He will use for good.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Caleb is sooooo cute, he looks like his daddy. Your blog is awesome! aunt di

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails