Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Blessed be His name





If you are reading this you probably know last week I was extremely discouraged with my role as mommy. But I can honestly say that is week has been the best week I've ever had in my role as mommy and I'm so incredible grateful. One would pose the question why. I am not 100% sure of the answer to that, but here are some of the factors that I believe contributed.

1. I took the TV away from Caleb last Wed and I am not reinstating it until tomorrow. I really think this helped.

a. I didn't use it as a tool to help me get stuff done, but totally engage all day. This may seem extremely challenging, but if it contributed to how amazing my time with Caleb has been this week. I am ready to trash the TV.
b. He wasn't influence by any possible countering messages.

2. Because I took the TV & Movies away and he asked for it frequently I was able to remind him probably 7 times a day (whenever he asked to watch) why the privileged was taken away.

3. I really think the implementation of the teaching board was priceless. It helped me get my heart right before disciplining and it helped Caleb have a visual for what was expected of him. We didn't want to call it a rules board, because we want it to be an attitude of the heart. So here is what is on it currently...

Ruiz Family Way

1. Right Away all the Way
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother as God commands so it may be well with you and you will live long on earth. Ephesians 6:1-3

Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. Colossians 3:20

2. No Hitting or Pushing
Jesus follower must not be mean but kind to all. 2 Timothy 2:24
The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Galatians 5:22-23

3. Manners Matter (Please, thank you, no disrespecting tones and Excuse me)
Out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. Matthew 12:34

4. Have a joyful heart
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

5. Remain Calm
The one who knows much says little; an understanding person remains calm. Proverbs 17:27

He who is slow to anger has great understanding,But he who is quick-tempered exalts folly Proverbs 14:29

I just want to say thank you Lord for helping me when I was feeling very low and restoring me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails