Monday, May 4, 2009

Makaylee is 1


We took Makaylee in for her one year check-up and so I thought I would post some of the things she is doing right now so I have a memory of it.

Wt. 18lbs 13oz 10-25%
Ht. 28 1/2 inches 25-50%
Head 44 cm 25%

She took her painful shots amazingly well. She is such a tough girl. The only time she cries hard from pain is when she bumps her head.


She just started standing up no support for about 5 seconds on Friday. I felt bad though once she bent forward and whacked her head on a bottle. Now she has a nice little bruise on her forehead.


She is starting to get a little attitude when she wants something and is not getting it. This is usually either food related or when Brother takes something.

Starting to give a little push back to Caleb. She definitely can hold her own. I am starting to see the joys of sibling conflict.






She is really loving her Daddy after great bonding time this past weekend. She actually wanted to be comforted by him instead of me.

She is a cuddle bug. I love when she pats me on the back when I am holding her.

Started giving real kisses. Open mouth but I love them.

Still sleeping a ton. Usually 12-14 hours at night and at least one 3 hour nap.

I think she started having bad dreams. She woke up a couple times screaming like she was terrified. This is so sad to me. I think it is all the dinosaur movies Brother is watching.

Words she can say
For sure dog and daddy. There are some other words, but I am not able to make these out yet. She hates to sign.

Table manners are starting to be an issue. She loves most any food, but has a few things that she would rather throw on the floor.

Loves the sippy cup.

Still loves people and flirts with anyone who will give her eye contact.

She crys when I first drop her off at the nursery at church. But they always say she was wonderful.

Overall, I think she is one of the happiest people I've ever known. I am so blessed to have this bright light as a daughter. Her belly laugh lights my world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails