Friday, January 15, 2010

Not for weak tummies!!

So we got a terrible, horrible, miserable stomach virus that lasted for 24 brutal hours. I'm thankful that it was short lived, because I don't think I would have lived if it lasted any longer. Sweet Makaylee's started first Wednesday afternoon and thankfully she just throw up a couple times and had a little of the runs. She was back to her normal self by Wednesday evening. On the other hand Caleb was totally out of sorts. I picked him up Thursday from the childcare at the grocery store and he declared, "my tummy hurts." I felt terrible knowing I'd exposed all the kids and workers to the virus. I thought Makaylee had just gotten an upset stomach from eating too many bubbles in the bath. I had no idea the terrible virus she had passed on to Caleb. Poor buddy was so tired I could barely get him home from the store before he was falling asleep. I knew it was bad because for the first time in his life he asked to take a nap. About 45 minutes into his nap I heard him screaming for me. I had a suspension what to expect, so I went running. Sadly, I was too slow and entered into the room as he was spuing a "waterfall" as Caleb described it later. This misery went on for hours. About 3 hours into it I started feeling queasy. I wasn't sure if it was resulting from the disgusting smell or if I was about to face this terrible fate. Let me tell you I didn't really understand why Caleb was trying so hard not to throw up until I too felt the pain associated with throwing up when there is just nothing left. It felt like my insides were bruised. I felt so bad for my little man. I was trying to help him hold his head and the next thing you know we were taking turns hurling in the commode. I have to say, historically Caleb is so violent when he is sick, but he was so concerned about his mommy and at one point he apologized for soiling the sheets. As the night progressed things just got worse and I think in all we changed the bed sheets 3 times, took about 5 showers and did about 10 loads of laundry. Cory was such a big help and I'm just praying he doesn't get the painful torturing virus.Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. of friend, we are just coming out of that terrible bug today. Canon got it and it spread like wildfire through the whole family. Carsen threw up all in her bed too...she felt so bad she could not even sleep. I threw up every 30 minutes for 10 hours, and then off and on all yesterday. It was horrid. I so understand how you feel. I hear it is spreading all over. Simon got it last and all he had was a headache and bad stomach pains, but never threw up. So strange how it affects us so differently. I hope Cory does not get it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails