Friday, January 29, 2010

Pneumonia

You can image how freaked out I was to hear Pneumonia after our visit Wednesday to the doctor. I am happy to say after just 24 hours of the antibiotics Caleb seems like his old self.

I guess Azithromycin really works. I am definitely feeling a lot guilty about letting him play outside in the cold without a jacket and in his crocs, but it is such a battle and I figured he would learn by getting really cold that wasn't the right choice. I just want to throw out a disclaimer that it wasn't extremely cold probably high 30's and all the snow had melted. So his feet were only made cold by the outside air and not the beautiful snow that this morning is blanketing the ground.

I definitely learned that somethings are worth the endless battle.

I am also about done with cold had flu season. We have been home bound for much of the last 3 weeks and now Cory has staff infection in his ankle that is probably from the strep that is going around his office. His ankle is swollen to almost double the normal size. And the doctor is concerned it could get into the joint and that is extremely dangerous.

Sorry this is gross!!

I guess if there is an upside to all these sicknesses I would say it has made me extremely aware of how grateful I am for my family. We are a relatively healthy bunch and so I probably take for granted that nothing bad will every happen to them. After hearing the words pneumonia and knowing just a couple weeks ago a perfectly physically fit 20 something died in his sleep of suffocation from pneumonia and then hearing things like if the infections gets in the blood it would spread quickly and could be fatal. I have a renewed since of each day is a blessing, we must live it in full and treasure our loved ones.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. My baby girl, with all the illness and infections that you and your little family has had, take your MOMMA's suggestion and go on-line to www.silverlingingherbs.com Order some infection fighter and immune. Then go to the health food store by some gel caps and stuff them. Take two a day for adults and one for each baby. YOur immune system is shot, and the antibitics only worsen your immune system. I have taken these for at least 3 years now, and haven't been sick at all. And all my friends and work buddies have been ill for the last 3 weeks with flues, colds and etc. Try it!!! It will cost maybe $100 bucks but it will last your family about for a very long time, maybe a year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Mike had staph once on the top of his foot and it spread to his toe. They had to open it up with a scalpel and drain it.. don't tell Cory. He got his from Africa!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails