Friday, January 30, 2009

Bowling for Toddlers


This was an experience to say the least. The kiddos had a lot of fun, but mommies hmmm well we all left exhausted, I think. For me there were a few factors that lead to me concluding that was fun, but I don't want to do it again anytime soon. Anyone who has ever had a two year old knows taking turns is not one of their strong suits and bowling with 8 little ones required this skill to be refined quickly. Caleb could not understand why he had to wait. He was actually amazingly serious about the whole experience. I think he is going to be a competitive little dude, which really surprises me because I am not sure where he gets that from. :)



We used bumpers and a rolly thing and his ability to whip that ball up and send it sailing down the line was quite impressive.

He watched pretty intently as the ball headed down to take out the pins and then hurried back to get the next ball and hit the remaining pins down. The boys cheered for one another and that was fun. Another factor that posed a challenge was a 9 pound ball that at any moment had the ability to crush fingers.

Jack did get a gash to his face but that was totally unrelated to the actual bowling. The final contributor was the music. I actually really enjoyed the songs, but the volume was turned about 10 notches to loud so I constantly felt like I was shouting instructions that were either ignored or not heard.

Caleb spent much of the event in timeout, so sad.

Sweet little Makaylee played on the floor and was her normal content self. In my attempts to try and distract them from having to wait I tried to encourage lots of cheering and at one point I think I told Caleb to give Hampton 5 which resulted in their usually tackle session with Caleb getting dominated.


What a joy to have such a fun mommy group to share these experiences with.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, what was the deal with the music. INSANELY loud...Carsen said that was why she wanted to leave.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails