Tuesday, January 27, 2009

First Day of School/Cowboy Day







Caleb absolutely loves being a cowboy so it was really fun that his first day at school/mdo was Cowboy Day. He seemed extremely excited to be going to school and didn't seem even a little phased to be saying bye. The awesome Thomas the train table was very inviting to my little man. The day was cut short with winter weather approaching. School was cancelled around 12:30. I wasn't able to get much accomplished in 3 hours, but I think it was a perfect way to start my time away from Caleb. I really did miss him and was ready to pick him up. It always warms my heart to see his huge smiling face and so much excitement to see his mommy. I did however really enjoyed my time as well. Makaylee and I went to Starbucks and enjoyed some pumpkin bread and time in Psalms 19.
I asked Caleb what he did at his first day of school and with an excited voice he replied, "make COW BOYs boots mommy." Holly also informed me that during story time when talking about rodeo Caleb made sure everyone knew the BULLRIDERS are at the rodeo. He loves bullriding. It is very interesting to me how our little ones develop there interests. There is rarely a day that goes by that Caleb doesn't ask to see cows or bulls. Whenever we drive past an open field he is convinced there are horses to be seen. It kind of makes me sad we live in the city, but I guess of all cities Dallas is probably one of the rare few where occasionally there is a horse in an open field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails