Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Day

We decided to try and keep the holiday low stress, so home was very appealing. Thankfully some of our new friends had no travel plans for the holiday either. The Ruiz's had the joy of hosting Thanksgiving at our new home. Usually this is something I totally stress about, but I'm excited to say this time I really tried to enjoy myself and it was a wonderful time.

I thoroughly enjoyed decorating and making it feel festive. I was very happy with the table decor and it warmed my heart as we shared stories of our favorite foods and holiday experiences.


I also made a few flower arrangements for the food island.

While we waited for everything to cook the boys enjoyed some tackle football in the cool crisp fall air. It was so fun to watch two boys who historically don't like to be pinned play ball grinning from ear to ear as they took each other down.

Coleton and Tinsley are real close in age to Caleb and Makaylee. As we sat down to enjoy an amazing meal I got some sweet and fun faces.


Tinsley

Coleton
The funniest quote of the day occured as Caleb engaged in a converstation with Lucia our friend who is due with her first baby any day now. Caleb pointed at her belly and said, "this is Hayden and then he point northeast of the baby bump and asked what is her name?"
Sticking with a tradition we started last year I made turkey shirts for the kids. I thought it would be fun to have a tangible item to see how much they've grown. Last year we used cloth paint and this year we traced their hands on construction paper and then scanned them into my scrapbooking software, so I could edit them and make them fun. Each year I will try to come up with a new creative way to make these shirts Caleb loves.






The event was a blast and further solidified all we have to be thankful for. Caleb made this during MOPS earlier in the week and it brought tears to see him recall and thank God for our loved ones far away.


With our bellies full and a big weekend ahead we got the kiddos ready for bed, said our prayers and reflected on all the amazing blessings we have in this life.



Happy Thanksgiving!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Your table looked beautiful! Miss you, kiss the kids and tell Cory hi!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails