Friday, April 30, 2010

The New Self

I went to a Beth Moore simulcast last Saturday my church offered relating to her recent book, So Long Insecurity You've been a Bad Friend to Us. As I mentioned in my last post I started reading her book and I've been given such an awareness of not only my own issue with insecurity, but how this is dominating the culture of women and girls today. I've recently become passionate about changing this tread through my involvement with my Aunt's awesome organization Emmie's Hope. Now I feel like this topic is all around me. Taylor Swift who I love said, her favorite song was a TLC's from a while back Unpretty. As I watched the video I was reminded of the messages that society bombards us with, whether it be in the checkout line at the grocery store, in the people we see at the gym or even more sad sometimes from those that are close to us. We live in a culture where our security is wrapped up in the opinions of people who think our outside matters more than our inside. However, I am encouraged because the world may be saying lift this and cut this, but God is saying we are fearfully and wonderfully made. So regarding insecurity, when we feel the sense of getting our significance from how we are perceived by people we must not let this be our filter. We must remember that our security comes through Christ. The God of the universe who made every single person that we elevate to a place that allows them to make us feel a lack of worth, God created. His opinion matters far more than theirs. And He thinks we were so special that He sent His one and only Son to die for us. I can't image sacrificing my beloved boy for anyone. That is true love, a love we can rest and be secure in. At the simulcast we were encouraged in Ephesians 4 to put off the old self and put on the new self. When we start to feel an insecurity rearing it's ugly head we make a choice to know we are special not because of what we look like, how much money we have, where we live or how educated we are, etc. but because we are a child of God The Almighty. He loved us enough to create us because He knows with full dependence on Him we can do great things. I am encouraged because 300,000 women heard this message last Saturday and I know that God is going to do a great work in us as a nation. We will pave the way, so our little girls know they are fearfully and wonderfully made, because we are modeling this for them in our SECURITY IN CHRIST. Thankful that God blessed me with my little girl and I have an opportunity to pursue a life that shows the world we can be the exception.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails