Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Two years with my beautiful baby girl

I think it is official that I no longer can call Makaylee a baby. However, she loves playing with babies.

She turned two on Saturday. Weighs 23lbs and is 34 inches tall. Apprently, she is tall and skinny. Every girls dream. I am still in shock. I remember thinking when I just had Caleb that moms who didn't want there little ones to grow up so fast were crazy. I really couldn't relate. Now it feels like a blink and I have a little guy wearing pants that look huge and my sweetie is truly asserting her independence multiple times a day. Her birthday was pretty low key. We haven't really developed a group of friends that I felt like I could ask to humor me as we celebrated her birthday, so we decided to just hang out with the four of us.
Blowing out her first birthday candle with a little help from Brother

First, we went to our favorite place for breakfast. Mainly because the power was out at our house, but I wasn't arguing.
The reason our power was out

Then we went to this awesome place in the mall. I really think we picked the perfect location to celebrate Makaylee's birthday. The kids loved Giggles and Smiles and could not get enough.
We decided after this fun filled event we would have some down time and then headed to church. There we ran into our sweet friends. We had planned to go out to dinner as a family for one final celebration, but to my joy our friends agreed to come along. It was such a special treat. It would have been fun with just the four of us; however, it was heart warming being surrounded with people that have made adjusting to our new lives much easier. I felt like it was God confirming that He lead us here and is guiding and providing. The staff at Max and Erma's added to the fun with a special birthday song.
Makaylee blowing out candle number 2
It is funny how I let a day that was such a cause to celebrate bring out my insecurities. It really felt like such a reminder of the longing I have for those friends that feel like family. In my insecurity I couldn't even see that we have those people here I just need to be willing to put myself out there and ask them to engage with us. In my insecurity I thought they would rather not be asked, so silly. I sure don't want to pass this on to my little ones. I frequently pray that Makaylee will not have many of the insecurities that I battled as a teenager and still at times rear their ugly head. If you have a teenager and want to know a little about some of the struggles they are battling today this blog my aunt's doing will give you some great insight. Emmie's Hope
I recently started reading Beth Moore's new book So Long Insecurity. I haven't gotten too far into it yet, but I'm learning that far more people than we might think struggle in this area. One thing she addresses is even attractive people can be insecure. It made me think of those people out there that might seem intimidating that you might think don't need a friend. I've definitely learned it is better to reach out and deal with rejection then to miss an opportunity to make someone feel special. I don't know that I would have such an appreciation for this if I wasn't in this season of adjustment. I am thankful for this knowledge. Praying for the strength to do something with it and not let my fear of rejection be a hindrance.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Sweetest post - it brought tears to my eyes! Your family IS family to us and I am so glad you invited us along to celebrate sweet Makaylee's birthday. We love ya'll so much! P.S. Cannot wait for Saturday and Beth Moore - I need to let go of my own insecurities!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails