Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dino Dig

Sunday night I came down with horrible stomach pains. It wasn't a typical stomach ache or even stomach cramps it was like there was a needle going done my digestive track poking and scraping on it's journey. Who knows exactly what it was. Possibilities were, I was not able to handle the new Chai Latte that I recently purchased from the grocery in my attempts to get my Starbucks addiction under control. Second, maybe food poisoning from salad dressing in the fridge that wasn't past it's expiration, but had been there awhile. Finally, a mild outbreak of E Coli. I would explain, but it would take too much time and might gross out the weak stomach. So sufficed to say, I was down and out for Memorial Day. Cory was a great help and besides my kids just needing occasional mommy time I was able to rest most of the day. I was so weak by Tuesday with no food or fluids Cory stayed home in the AM to help get me back on my feet. By lunch time I was doing much better. I wasn't ready to run, but a Dino Adventure was perfect for getting my little ones to sit and dig in hard packed clay for a good hour.




It was fun, but I definitely could never be a paleontologist. I would destroy every dig site with my lack of patience. Hence, we lost the neck to our Tyrannosaurus and had to find a replacement, so Mr. Rex's head could be attached. We also broke a couple toes off and split the arm in two, but nothing a little Gorilla Glue couldn't repair.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails