Wednesday, June 9, 2010

From the mouth of babes

One thing that my little buddy does that often leaves me perplexed is giving the cold shoulder to friends and family. It is not necessarily consistent, but every so often he is very unwilling to talk to Grandma, Grandpa Cowboy or sweet Attie Jo on the phone. I feel bad when he turns them down, but making him talk is a battle that is so not worth having.  He has been known to dis his friends on occasion when we meet for play dates. He went through a phase with his buddy Coleton and most recently with another friend the other day. We met up at the mall and Caleb was so excited before they arrived, but upon their arrival like the flip of a switch he become very cold. This was difficult, because I don't like to see people get their feelings hurt. However, I was enlightened by a 3 year old. Landon came up to me and ask, "Why is Caleb being shy to me," to which I wisely responded.  "I have know idea, when you figure it out please let me know." I really think this wise 3 year old had figured it out. When Caleb is feeling a little insecure about a situation he acts aloof. I don't really know how I will help him overcome this insecurity, but I am hoping communicating that his buddies and family are so thankful for him and can't wait to play or talk to such a special boy will do the trick.
 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post! Landon had fun with Caleb...even if he was feeling a little bit shy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails