Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Gift of Honor

Letting my family know they are the most important treasure God has given my is the desire of my heart. Yet, at times the broken decor, scattered messes or sibling conflicts get the best of me and I communicate frustration. I remember as a child feeling like an annoyance and a pain in the booty at times. These feelings really hurt.  I thought in Where the Wild Things Are they did an excellent job of illustrating this point. You see an energetic little guy who gets on everyones last nerve, and all he wants is to be someones treasure. I believe children knowing their infinite value to mom is an essential message in building a high sense of self worth in our kiddos.  To set myself up for success and be able to communicate how special they are to me I am eliminating some of the potential for them to make a mess. All the toys are going in the basement in bins. Each day I will take the kids down and let them pick out a few toys to enjoy.  I think this will be a great way to keep their toys new and exciting, alleviate being surrounded with too much and eliminate the mess that sends this mommy into annoyance.

We also just implemented dates with our kiddos to help communicate their value and make them feel honored. On Saturday Cory took Sissy and I took Brother. I let Big Brother pick where ever he wanted to go and of course, he picked the Dinosaur Museum. We had the best time! It was by far my favorite day we have ever had together.

Caleb's Favorite Dinosaurs
Of course, the Tyrannosaurus Rex

Ceratosaurus

going up to viewing area of another of his favorites
Allosaurus


He couldn't wait to go digging for dinos!!
Mommy digging before I got in trouble for too much helping.
I couldn't resist putting this picture in, 
can you guess what this face is about? 
A hint, we had just finished lunch.

The Discovery Room was full of fun.
This boy loves Shamu after our trip in the spring to Seaworld

Right before we went on our date he filled 
his scoop jar and got to pick one of the 
coolest dinosaurs from the gift shop, the Spinosaurus

He actually let me take a couple of pictures, such a handsome sweet guy.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails