Monday, September 20, 2010

Paradise Park in Motown

Traveling with a 2 and 4 year old is always associated with a little anxiety for me. Not because I necessarily want it to just be a super pleasant experience for them. I am all about pushing them a little outside of their comfort zone, but more because I want to create an environment that allows me to be successful as their mommy and not communicate anything that might cause lasting scars. I was a sensitive kid and it penetrated deep when I felt like an announce, so I do my best to avoid communicating that to my precious gifts. But, if I am honest sometimes they just annoy the badonkadonk out of me. It's my issue I am easily irritated and I am so thankful that God is using their lives to refine me in this area. I knew 12 hours in the car, 4 hours watching a football game and a couple of sit down meals were sure to result in a few meltdowns, so I wanted to find one activity they would thoroughly enjoy. There is a fun activity park just a couple miles from Chelsea and Jordon's, so I decide we would go.  A kid crazed atmosphere is not necessarily my cup of tea, but denying self is a huge part of this parenting gig. So, after a fun morning hanging with the fam we headed to Paradise Park.


I am not a huge fan of trampolines because they are not the safest apparatus, especially when you put a few rough and tumble boys in the mix. These tramps were great, they each had their own area and were completely enclosed by a safety net. Yes, I sound like a super over protective mother, but with good cause. In 5th grade I got spiked on my head off a tramp and walked around with lopsided shoulders for over a week.




Exhaustion set in, so we moved on to some car racing. 
These little cars were lacking in thrill, so we decided to move on to the Speedway.

IT was a blast. We are slightly competitive in the Ruiz family. Turning everything into a competition makes it much more enjoyable to do the not so fun parts of life. However, if you don't handle losing well it can make for many teaching opportunities. Caleb has shed many a tear over not getting to the top of the stairs the fastest, not being first to clean up his toys or losing our nightly race of who can scrub their teeth the fastest. Thankfully, the Speedway was just fun competition and Caleb and Daddy totally smoked us, so Caleb was all smiles.


 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails