Thursday, September 9, 2010

So Long Type A Momma

After my last post I was feeling pretty down on life. Then I had to give myself a swift quick to the you know what and remember that I'm beyond blessed. I have the life I've always dreamed and yet I am still feeling like I don't measure up. What the heck is my problem? Well, the short is that I am a freakin Type A Nazi that has to have everything perfect to be content. Well, life with a 2 and 4 year old is seldom perfect. That is unless you describe perfect as chaos. So, after seeing my true colors thrown right in my face while stressing through every misplaced glitter and glue blob making what should have been a super fun poster for Caleb's 1st day of preschool, I decided to seriously try to roll more.

My goal is to be content with the chaos and let judging eyes remind me that my job is not to impress onlookers, but to shape my children in the mist of bringing them joy. It pains me, because I'm a crazy over the top joy kill. However, my new life goal is to be fun! What about discipline you might ask? Of one thing I'm certain, I will probably never error on the side of lacking discipline. This coming from the girl who would run at midnight if I haven't completed a scheduled workout. For the sake of the fam I must move away from the extreme and toward balance.

I got my first test tonight in the Lexus Club at the Pirates game.

I have to say not worrying about how your kids are acting makes this parenting thing a lot more enjoyable. Me and the kids had a blast hyped up on Crackerjacks and lemonade dancing, singing and screaming behind homeplate.

I even got a compliment from an older man that flying solo I was doing a great job, and looked like I had it together with my little ones. Amazing, the benefits of releasing control!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails