Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Richly Blessed

Today was not one of my finer days as Mommy. I would love to say it will be remedied when Cory returns from the mountains of Colorado. However, if I'm honest with myself my lack of self control is not unique to today. I was beyond frustrated with their lack of listening. Developing the skill of first time obedience is a never ending battle in the Ruiz home and today I lost the battle, big time. After a fun bubble bath and much disobedience I sent them to bed, and then cried. This mom thing is so beyond my skill set. My natural bent is fast to speak and quick to become angry and with my little ones constant desire to do what they want when they want, today I lost my patience. Then I felt guilty, because what I communicated crushed my sensitive little buddy.  I decided I needed some wise counsel, so I prayed and as usual God delivered. I was reminded by the Tebow's that we are all created for a purpose. I sometimes forget that God uniquely designed my sweet little ones and that it wasn't by mistake that they are both determined. I must foster this amazing quality and not let it frustrate me. I pray this is at the forefront of my mind as I shape and guide my amazing treasures.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails