Thursday, February 5, 2009

Caleb's Four Letter Words

I would say most people who know me well would categorize me as a perfectionist. Therefore, it has been a challenge for me since Caleb started hitting the milestones to not wonder in areas that he is slow, is this something I am failing to do or normal and he is progressing just fine. At 2 his vocabulary was very limited and I felt like I was doing everything humanly possible to help him, so I called the child development people to come out and do an evaluation. All my friends thought I was crazy, but I just felt like as a mommy if I wasn't doing everything I could to help my child I was falling short. When the ladies came out they were very kind and communicated they understood my concerns, but Caleb was doing amazingly well and was right at his age in communication development. I remember thinking I am going to have to be really prayerful as he develops. I must seek the Lord, so I don't revert to my strong tendency to overachieve. I was reminded in this parenting thing I need to always be checking my heart. My job is to teach them who Christ is, not to behave better, so I look good. Anyway, it was a growing experience and his vocabulary brought much humor to the Ruiz household. Below are some 4 letter words that Caleb would say when trying to communicate a different word entirely.

We were at the science museum outside playing in the water and Caleb holding a stick said, "throw dick".

Caleb loved the fireworks during the 4Th of July and in his little gibberish he would ask to go see the "farts" (fireworks).

Caleb absolutely loves doing crafts and daily asks to do arts and craps.

Fork-well you can imagine. F_ _ _

Sheep watch the video and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails