Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thank you for making me smile

Cory and I try and set goals for each year for the new ways the Lord will gain ground in our lives. For '09 I really want to laugh more. I thought about the funny ways God makes me laugh and much of it involves my sweet kiddos.

Makaylee
Stinky Joy


Oh the way you strain, grunt and the precious face you make when you poo is always one of my daily laughs. Sometimes it even happens more than once a day. The humor this event brings far outweighs the present you leave for me to clean up.

Peek-a-Boo


She loves playing peek a boo and giggles til her belly shakes. It warms my heart.

Miss Beautiful
She always does a belly laugh when daddy comes home from work and says his normal greeting of, "what's up beautiful."



Caleb

Stall tactics
Before bed he frequently says:
Poo poo mommy and there is no poo to be found
Needed waddered momma
Needed kiss (I love this one)
Pray again
Tuck me in(for the 3rd time)

Such an Imagination
He will come up with a pretty tall tale to get me to stop the activity he doesn't want to occur. One time when he didn't like what i was singing he said, "shh momma dinosaurs sleeping, you wake em up."

Tough Bullrider
I a tuff cowbigbull Rider pbr bulls
I ride pr bull
my throw cowboy hat bull riden

Denying the Poo
I ask after a nasty stink has filled the room and every time without fail you say, "no no i did it poo poo." Then I say you did poo poo? And you respond, "nope."

I not ... I Ca Hub
Caleb asked to go downstairs watch dinosaurs. I said, sorry Charlie no dinosaurs. Caleb quickly replied, "I not Cha lee, I Ca Hub.

One evening we were sitting at the dinner table and Caleb was telling everyone shh, be quiet. I said, Caleb you are bossy. He responded, I no bossy I Ca Hub.

On Sunday morning before church Caleb was being pretty wild and Cory said, you are hyper and Caleb corrected him and said I not hyper I Ca Hub. There is nothing like being sharpened by a 2 year old. We are currently working on changing our language and instead of calling him ... saying you are being...

Words that seem the same
Caleb has been known a time or two to confuse his words.

I was getting a stick of gum out of my purse and caleb said, "octagun peas."

I want faffles momma I need chechup on faffles. Ketchup, I question? He replies, "shurup."

It broke I need a blue one. ?? A new one.

His newest one is great. He was getting a little envious of his sister and Daddy said, are you jealous and quickly he correct "I not jellyfish I Ca Hub". Now, when we say he is... he says no I jellyfish. Still working on changing our language.

1 comment:

  1. I love the "I am not (whatever) I Ca Hub"

    Carsen does the exact same thing. Like we really think they are named something else! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails