Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ruiz's Top Tunes

We love to sing throughout our day. I wouldn't say we necessarily are making music as much as noise, but it really blesses my heart to hear Caleb memorizing the words to the songs I have been singing to him the past 2 1/2 years. His top picks currently are:

1. Shame by Counting Crows.


I know, terrible mommy letting her son be exposed to such a message. I'm not exactly sure why he loves it so much, but he does. Its disc 5 song 11 in the car and every time we get in he ask for “Chain, Chain”. The music starts and not long after he requests my phone to use as a microphone and before you know, we are rockin away driving down the road. I with a tube of toothpaste and Caleb with the cell phone. He actually knows the words and the tune.

2. Makaylee Isabella (Akelly Bella) I frequently make up random words to songs and when Sister was just a few weeks old we started singing this to her.

Makay Lee,
Makay Lee,
Makaylee Isabella
I love you, yes I do
Makaylee Isabella.
You’re so sweet
you are our sweet Makaylee Isabella
We love you, yes we do
Makaylee Isabella.

Caleb absolutely loves to sing this to his sweet sister and anytime she is fussy he calms her with her song.

3. Twinkle Twinkle (Tinkle Tinkle) I was so sick of the original we added a twist. I’m also trying, to no avail, to get my little guy to potty train.

Tinkle, Tinkle
little pee
please come out, come out of me.

4. Thomas the train theme song

5. My Friends Tigger and Pooh and Darby, too.

6. M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E (the 1950’s Mickey Mouse Club theme song)

7. Hot Dog (hot diggidy dog)

8. Oh You Can't Get To Heaven(On Rollerskates)

9. This Train

10. Itsy Bitsy Spider

And here is the list of songs that more often than not get “no sing song mommy”

1. Steve Green’s Hide Them in Your Heart CD usually gets x’d but more specifically
a. Honor Your Father and Your Mother
b. Children Obey your Parents in the Lord
I really can’t figure out why this is :).

2. The Caleb Song

C-A-L-E-B
C-A-L-E-B
Caleb that’s me.

I thought this would be a creative way to help him learn to spell his name, but I think he has figured out I’m trying to teach him something, and it is not just a fun sing along. Woe is me, this is just yet another instance of their natural inclination to rebel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails