Saturday, February 14, 2009

Getting so Big

Makaylee is almost 10 months old and just thinking of that brings tears to my eyes. The time with her has flown by. Until the other day, when we went and visited a friend of mine who just had twins and I saw how massive she looked next to them, I really still thought of her as my newborn. She had her 9 month appointment a few weeks ago and weighed 16.8 lbs putting her in the 10% for weight and was 27 inches long putting her between 25-50% for height. She is getting all four teeth on top and already has her 2 bottom teeth. Her smile always warms my heart, but right now with her little snaggle tooth it especially makes me smile. Development wise she was doing many of the same things as a 12 month old, which surprised me because she really doesn't do a traditional crawl. Dr. Katz said crawling is not something they look at to see how a child is developing. I was a little confused, because I've always heard crawling is so important. She said her first real word I guess, after looking at Zoie and me pointing and saying dog she said da. I really think she is going to be a great communicator, she has such an interest in interacting verbally. Tonight was alittle emotional already with the ER visit and then my sweet little girl decided she would rather have a bottle than nurse. I am not sure what that means. She is so little, so I do wonder if I am producing enough milk. I tried nursing and she wasn't too interested, so I thought I would give her a bottle just in case and she downed 6 oz.


I might have to call the doctor and get some counsel on the situation. She is such a big girl holding the bottle and feeding herself. She is also drinking out of a sippy cup, and loves to steal Caleb's juice. That never goes over real well with Big Bro. She is scrappy though, I think soon she will be able to hold her own against him. They really do love each other so much. I have such sweet kiddos.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails