Friday, October 2, 2009

I Have Something to Say to You

Life around here as been pretty crazy and honestly at times a bit overwhelming. There has been some major inconveniences and frankly a plethora of minor inconveniences. Yet, I am so thankful for all of the inconvenience. In the mist of having to spend countless hours inventory our stuff, moving a ridiculous amount of things and seeing sparks fly out of my new stove top and smoke smoldering I can't say I was ecstatic. As I sit back though and reflect I believe through this God is communicating a very important message. What I am about to say is not intended to sound arrogant or lucky me, but truly honestly to communicate just how thankful I am for God being faithful to light my path. We have been amazingly blessed financially in a time when so many are going without. It has been very easy for me to get totally focused on all my wants and forget that with much comes much responsibility. These inconveniences have reminded me what is truly important and forced me to ask the question, am I being useful with what I've been given? Do I remember that this is not mine and God has entrusted it to me for a purpose? I must seek this purpose and follow through. He has also reminded me through big and small means that this life is fleeting and I must put my hope in the eternal. I battle daily. I love to decorate, and it is easy for me to get caught up in wanting to make me house beautiful. I forget that my first priority should be to use this amazing house I've been blessed with to bless others. To step out of what is comfortable for me and make those God puts in my life feel loved. I just want to say, as I'm about to post picutes of the amazing home we are so thankful for,
thank you God for always having something to say to me and not allowing me to chart my own course.


Sorry for the picture quality. Cameras are MIA. I only have the iphone.

A little fall fest

With the beauty of trees come leaves, oh so many leaves.

The powder room

Loving this room now thanks to the unique wine hutch

Cozy living room, makes me what to cuddle with my hubby.

Loving the counter space

Having an area for the kids that is their own yet within reach of the kitchen and living room is a dream. My living room is no longer covered in toys, Woo Who!! Caleb really loves this room. We had our first visitor today and Caleb excitedly gave her a tour of his playarea. It was so fun to host a playdate with my new friend Kristi, who recently moved to the area from Wisconsin. I look forward to many more opportunities to host and build a family with the people of the Burgh.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love your house Jamie. Hospitality is truly a way to love others and use our resources to make people feel right at home. I hope you can really make people feel God's love when they come over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling at home and liking your house. Seeing your furniture really makes me wish I could just run over and curl up on your comfy couch for some girl time. I really miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails