Friday, July 2, 2010

Musical Beds

We have a new tread around here lately of starting in one bed at the beginning of the night and ending up in another at the end. We have four beds in the house and each night we give the kiddos their pick of Brother's, Sister's or Grandma's bed. Most recently Makaylee is choosing Caleb's bed, which she refers to as Sissy's bed. No she is not meaning herself, but endearingly refers to her big brother as Sissy.

Previously, Cory and I have always been strict about not letting our little ones sleep with us. However, I guess now that they are traveling to us in wee hours of the morning we have grown soft. There is also the occasional bad dream that wakes one of them up and they just need mommy or daddy for comfort. I know it goes against all the Baby Wise rules, but we had great sleepers as babies and now that we have a preschooler that needs to potty on occasion during the night in an effort to not wet the bad, and a toddler who is a complete cuddle bug we feel like this is a healthy stage for our family.

We always start the night sans kids, so Cory and I can have alone time, but having those sweet little ones surprise us with a cuddle in the middle of the night is a treasure I don't want to miss. It is also the times I most often hear Caleb's tender side. There is nothing as wonderful as an unsolicited "mommy I love you," the words, "you are the best mommy" or the newest addition to his affirming words, "mom you are my treasure."
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails