Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Feed the Birds the Bread


Almost weekly, we go to feed the birds. Caleb loves it because he gets to throw something




And I love it because it feels a bit like we are in a different place than the city. We have a special little pond in Richardson we go to that has a most peculiar swan. We haven't figured out if he is friendly and just wants to get close to say hi or if he is trying to get us to leave. The first time we went he didn't get out of the water, but each time since the swan has gotten a little more daring. The last time we went he traveled up the hill and I was a bit concerned because I didn't want to make the 5 o'clock news as the idiot mom who let her little ones get mauled by the crazy bird, so I kind of freaked out and got both kids in the car quickly. Apparently, Caleb remembered this all too well because when the swan started swimming our way he...

Well the pictures say it better than I can. (imagine the Jaws tone if you will)


Ba-dum…


Ba-dum…


Ba-dum



Today the swan almost touched the car. He showed off his long neck and then returned to the water.






I of course gathered the kiddos up and put them in the car, but braved a potential swan mauling so I could get some pictures.
I tried to get Zoie to come protect me, but she was terrified and hide under the car. I think it was the clicking of the camera, but she definitely is no guard dog.


Before the swan was aware we were there the kids had a little fun playing in the cool afternoon air.







I am not sure what my deal is yesterday it was 85 degrees and I had the kids in long pants and sleeves and today it was 55 degrees and I thought summer attire was appropriate. I think I might need to start watching the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails