Thursday, March 12, 2009

Monday Nights at Caruth Park

Almost every Monday evening we head down to Caruth Park in Highland Park to run our 38-42 minute route. After we are done and arrive back at the park Caleb either hits golf balls, throws the football (the boy can throw a wicked spiral) or plays on the playground. This past Monday we decided to change it up a little and met another couple for some tennis instruction. I had so much fun learning and I really am excited to take tennis lessons through the cold winter months in Pittsburgh. I'm secretly hoping I can get the rock star legs those tennis ladies sport. Caleb was a great ball boy. He would sit perfectly in the Wimbledon ball boy position at the net. One would think he had experience.

Before our friends arrived, we had a little time to kill, so Caleb hit a ball with Daddy. He to me, and I know I biased because he is mine, but is absolutely amazing for a 2 year old. You can pitch a ball at him and much of the time he connects.



Makaylee started crawling last week and really is getting around. While, I was filming my future MLB star, she was cruising around the tennis court. She was doing quite well until her arms gave out and she smacked her little teeth against the extremely hard ground. She waled, blood flew, and I was very concerned she might be toothless until seven. However, she seems to be okay. This is the second blood related incident associated with crawling. Last week she fell and gave herself a pretty good bloody nose. I really don't remember so much trauma when Caleb learned to crawl. She started pulling up to a standing position yesterday and I am definitely not looking forward to the pain this brings as she develops her stability.

After, the lights failed we decided to go run with our friends. I have to say it was a nice alternative to the normal food related social time. Don't get me wrong I always enjoy some good eats, but it was cool hanging out and feeling really productive with the time. I love communing during a run.

One more thing that I don't ever want to forget is how cute Caleb is as he tries to be like Mommy and Daddy. He runs all the way through the park, at least a quarter mile. Then when we're done and it is time to stretch the way he attempts to contort his little body into the quad stretch is really endearing. What a fun family I have been blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails