Sunday, March 8, 2009

Community Time


Our View off the back porch



We had an extremely encouraging and fun weekend with our Community Group. Thanks to the generous Galvin family all 4 of the couples and kids in our community were able to enjoy some time in the country at Possum Kingdom Ranch. The kids loved going on golf cart rides and seeing the horses. It has been so amazing to me watching our little ones grow into friends and even at points act like siblings. There is nothing like experiencing relationship and events through the eyes of my children. When Caleb hugs his sweet friend Ellie or Makaylee giggles with joy from a kiss received from gentle Knighton it is better than anything I can think of. I image these moments will be abundant in Heaven. It also has been heart warming to watch Caleb have a vested interest in others and want to hear Mr. David's stories about Tri Caleb and Grayson off on an adventure and play with Mr. Mike and little Anna. I don't want to forget baby Athens a precious little giant who's smile is electric.

The adult time was also invaluable. We were able to dialogue and learn from each other how to be more selfless. It always helps me to see we are all struggling with similar issues and that without God being at the center, marriages that are enjoyable are impossible. Thanks to each person who is spurring us on to love and good deeds. I believe I walked away more optimistic than ever that we are on the right path in areas we want to grow. I loved our girl's lunch time, so thank you Hubbies that you were willing to serve us in that way. The evenings, excluding the attack of some nasty foot fungus :), were something I will treasure as we head off to Pittsburgh. I can really understand and see the value in living life this way. Finally, Shelton's I appreciate your hearts to pursue and facilitate this Awesome weekend!!! Now, I must go nap I am EXHAUSTED.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails