Friday, March 27, 2009

Getting so Big

This past year has really flown by, but I think this week I really saw how quickly my kiddos are growing.

Caleb

Amazing sense of direction

I have noticed he has an amazing since of direction. We were up in Plano which we haven't been in awhile and drove past our doctor's office on the way to Central Market. Caleb said it is Dr Katz. He loves Dr. Katz, but I was so shocked he knew just where we were. I hadn't given any indicators that would have tipped him off. Yesterday was the topper. I have never been known for my sense of direction, but I couldn't help but laugh out loud. I was driving all around looking for the new awesome bounce house place Boomerangs. I had not been yet, but Caleb and Cory have spent the last three Saturdays up there. Anyway, I finally had given up finding it and called Cory to get help. Caleb all the while is pointing and saying it is right there mom. I didn't see it so I didn't believe him and sure enough it was right where Caleb said it was.

Puzzle man

He is really into puzzles lately and dinosaurs, so we got a couple of the huge floor dinosaur puzzles and work on them pretty often. Most of the time I hand him pieces and tell him were they go. He has to figure out how it fits in that spot, but I do most of the problem solving. I got distracted and was not giving him pieces fast enough and he started grabbing them and putting it together all on his own. These puzzles are challenging even for me, so I was thoroughly impressed. This has also been really fun for me. I love that we are in a stage where it is not always mindless activities.

Books we read

He is starting to love the long stories and we can read books we both really enjoy. I especially love when he reads to me and tells me the story of "The Three little Pigs"

Potty training

He still has no interest, but yesterday I think so he could have some tractors he gave me a good thrill and "pee pee on the potty."

Makaylee

11 months 2 weeks

All I can say is she is almost a year old. This brings tears to my eyes. She is such a joy.

Fast metabolism

She is pretty much done with the whole nursing thing. She loves real food and never misses a meal. She can eat us all under the table. She seems to be filling out, but she is still pretty petite. I am thankful she has a fast metabolism.

Beautiful Girl

People tell me all the time how pretty she is, and as a mom I do think she is pretty, but these pictures really showed me what a stunning little girl we have been blessed with. Not only is she pretty outside, but she really has such a beautiful personality. She is so affectionate and can bring a smile to even the roughest situations.












MckLinky Blog Hop

3 comments:

  1. Jamie, these pictures are incredible! She is so photogenic! But, I'm really not surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pics...its as if Im looking at the cover of the Baby talk mag!

    P.S. Blog-hopping via the MckLinky...bunny hop over to my fave pic and stay a while....there's lot to read....PLUS 40 DAYS OF REVIEWS AND GIVEAWAYS :Back to School Carnival starts on Aug 1...Woo-hoo!

    http://energizerbunnysmommyreports.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-fave-pic-of-bunny-girl-mclinky-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics. The tutu pictures are absolutely adorable. Thanks for sharing.

    Happy Hoppin'

    Candice

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails