Saturday, June 6, 2009

Diaper and Hands Free

We had a great official first week. It started out going to a Pirate's game, which Caleb absolutely loved. From the stadium you look into the city. I thought it was beautiful. The Pirates came back in the 8th to win, so we got to see fireworks. It was a blast. This just increased Caleb's love for baseball and now BP is a daily routine.





Tuesday night we had fun at the chic-fil-a. They had a festival to kick off summer with a band, dancing, balloon making and a number of games. Makaylee got soaked playing in the water and they both entertained us with dancing.

We spent the other evenings going to the driving range. Caleb is quiet the little golfer and Daddy is improving, too.



Potty Training
We also started potty training this week.
Day 1
Went perfect. I let him run around naked all day and I didn't even have to remind him to go. He had no accidents and totally got it.
Day 2
I think I set my expectations a little high after such a successful first day and thought we could try the big boy underwear. It should have tipped me off that this day might not be as successful. He came running into my room after playing in his room for awhile grabbed a towel without a word and ran back to his room. After a minute it dawned on me what he might be doing and sure enough when I went to his room he was cleaning up the pee pee of the floor. The fact that he cleaned up his own accident was pretty impressive in it self. After that I put him in his underwear and shorts and not a few minutes later he was soaked and when I went to change him a had a not so pleasant surprise. I was a little discouraged. I have to admit the potty training thing has been something I have totally dreaded, so thinking it was going to be easy had me really excited.
Day 3
We reverted back to naked all morning. In the afternoon I had to run a few errands, so I put a pull-up on him and he did great. He communicated when he needed to go and we got through the day totally accident free.
Day 4, 5 & 6
He is still doing great and has now been successful 2 days in a row with big boy underwear.

On a side note. We had to run to Walmart and of course I had to change Sissy's diaper after I finished shopping in the typical public restroom (nasty). Caleb decided to strip down to nothing and use the big potty. I couldn't leave Makaylee on the changing table. She had a major blow out and poo poo was everywhere. I was cringing as Caleb shoeless hopped up on the disgusting jon and to top it off he too pooed and decided to whip himself with about a cm2 of tee pee. Needless to say I was about pooed out by the time we and a grocery cart full of food left the bathroom. I don't think anyone ever told me how gross child rearing can be.

Standing Hands Free
Makaylee is really improving on standing alone. She can go for seconds at a time and gets the biggest smile on her face when she realizes her accomplishment.

We are enjoying the cool summer days of Pittsburgh and excited to head to Hawaii in a couple weeks.

2 comments:

  1. P.S. - I am so grossed out by public bathrooms too. Carsen insists on holding onto the seat while she goes and always wants to know what the little trashcan is in the bathroom (you know the one for lady products). She wants to look inside it!! GROSS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails