Monday, March 29, 2010

Forgot the light

I've been meaning to post that Caleb started school at the end of February. He has really liked it, but today was a different day. He has been struggling with separation anxiety lately. Today I felt heart broken for my little guy and I was causing the pain. I did think about not leaving him at school, but I really don't believe that solution would help this growing problem.

His class

We went through the class photo and he told me about each child. I loved learning about each of his new friends. He remembered all of the boys names in his class except one. When I asked him this boys name his response, "He's naughty." It made me chuckle, but the thought of how my child was being described to the other mommies did flash through my thoughts. Parenting is, so humbling.
Makaylee (22 months) and Caleb (45 months)
Class pictures

After school I thought I would try and reward him for going into class and being a big boy. The Dinosaur Museum was his prize. He was so excited. Sadly, they were closed. It was an hour drive down there and it just never dawned on me that they would be closed on a Monday. Oops. I was a little frustrated, but there is a yummy restaurant right up the street. We enjoyed our lunch, if corralling two kids and cleaning up noodles is considered fun. Then we headed to Starbucks for dessert. After we finished, I needed to get cash to pay for parking. At this point the day's trials got the best of me, and I failed to let my light shine. The banker looked at me like I was an idiot, because I didn't know what she meant when she asked me if I was a customer. Apparently, you are not a customer if you use their ATM and pay $3 to withdrawal $20. The term customer is reserved for the elite people who have bank accounts at their bank. I let her know I didn't appreciate the way she treated me and I would never become a customer at PNC Bank.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails