Monday, August 31, 2009

Healthy Alternative Mondays: Soccer Sensation


Sorry about the blur and the quality of these pictures my hand is a little too shaking for the iphone camera.

The food this week that I found is heart healthy tortillas. Made with no trans fats or hydrogenated oils, instead they use extra virgin olive oil a monounsaturated fat. I actually think these taste better than any tortilla I've ever had and both Makaylee and Caleb love them. The kiddos haven't historically been big fans of the cheese quesadillas, but are now enjoying Mexican night. The brand is La Tortilla Factory.

Cory's company has a soccer team made up of employees and they were short girls a couple Thursday nights ago, so they asked if I could join. I was hesitant having never played soccer, but I really wanted to get the workout, so I volunteered. I was extremely nervous; however, considering my experience, did alright. It was the most exhausting thing I've ever done. We played two back to back 48 minute games and on a small indoor arena. My lack of knowledge had me running all over the place. In the second game I finally figured out there are positions you play and my running declined, but i could hardly move for 2 days. The kids loved it. A couple of the ladies from Cory's work watched the kiddos during the game and they had so much fun.

Thank you Lucia and Kristen.

Aside from losing both games and the kiddos having a 12:30 bedtime the night was a great success.
Cory hurting from the pain of one 48 minute game.
My handsome little goalie

Hmmm, I seem a little pregnant in this picture, but perhaps it was the XL shirt I was wearing.
The exhausted couple ready for bed.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails