Thursday, August 6, 2009

Meet Up @ Troy Hill

Well today I attempted to create a life here in the Burgh and met up with some mommies from a playgroup I found online. I was a little anxious about meeting total strangers, but I have to say we really had fun. It was nice to get out and have some social interaction.
We went to a place called Troy Hill Splash Park. The neighborhood looked a little rougher than I'm used to, but I am learning the Pittsburgh aesthetics are much different than Dallas. I really don't mind it. It is kind of refreshing seeing people live within their means. This is not a dig on all of Dallas, many of my friends there are extremely wise with money, but Dallas is kind of known for the home of the $50,000 millionaire. Anyway, we met up with 2 other families. Everyone was super friendly and besides a couple small disputes over toys the day couldn't have gone any better.
Kids really are a perfect ice-breaker. I took a few pictures of the day and managed to capture all of the little ones except sweet little Lucy, Michael’s twin sister.

He is the little guy in the white shorts and was full of spunk. I really enjoyed his energy. He actually reminded me of one of Caleb's buddies, Hampton at 14 months old. All the kiddos had fun running in the water and even Makaylee braved the chilly summer air to splash around.


Keeping up with two, 14 months olds when there are lots of stairs and long falls was not really working for Grace, so the twins stayed and played in the water will the rest of us headed over to the playground adjacent to the splash area. It was getting a little chilly for our thin Texas blood.

This is sweet Clara, she was a bubbly 15 month old that was always willing to smile for the camera. She and Makaylee had fun together. It was fun to flash forward and think about the friendships Makaylee will build.

Makaylee had fun being a big girl and going down the slide with Clara’s big sister Sophia. She was a very loving affectionate little lady once she warmed up to you.

Caleb was cracking me up. I think it was all the estrogen. He decided he was too little to climb any of the equipment without my assistance. We definitely need to find him some crazy boys to hang out with soon.




I know this probably is braggadocios, but could she get any cuter!!




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. so excited for you friend. Glad that it went well. We are always looking for someone to join our playgroup if you want to move back :) hee hee

    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had fun, I'm glad you branched out and met new friends!
    Way to go mamaru!
    So fun seeing you all last week, look forward to it again this week!
    luv, di

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails