Monday, August 3, 2009

Healthy Alternative Mondays:Good source of Calcium

I still haven't been able to get back to the grocery store to get the name of the item I was excited to share, so that will have to wait until next week. (I've totally over hyped this item now, but it is a staple in our home.) But I did come across an item last week that I thought was worth passing on.

I am not a huge fan of my kids drinking milk. It seems to result in an increase of mucus followed by sinus infection and tummy issues, so finding alternative forms of calcium is something I'm always looking for. Motts has an apple sauce that tastes good, has no sugar added and a calcium supplement that is actually extremely absorbent. It is called Motts Plus and it supports Susan G. Komen. I got it at Walmart, but I am sure it is at most any grocery store. The kids gobbled it up. Here is some information on Calcium Lactate Gluconate

Another way to strengthen bones is building muscle mass. We spent the evening doing activities that would work our muscles.

We started out playing some ball in the backyard.Look at that arm action.


Daddy working hard as catcher.

Then we headed over to the park and enjoyed the playground.






Finally, we did some jogging.

These Pittsburgh hills kick my booty.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What a cute blog! I love the colors!! Those kids are gorgeous!! I am impressed with your hill climbing skills - especially with a stroller - wow!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails