Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pitchin fits and Prayers

I'm really loving this stage of mommyhood. Makaylee is her normal sweet self who on occasion pitches a big fit. I remember doing parenting videos at this stage with Caleb and learning it is not good to laugh at their bad behavior, but there is something about my little sweetness that I can't help but laugh when she gets so mad she turns red and then lets out a howling scream. I'm finding I frequently have to turn my head and release my hysterics and then turn back and discipline my little devil. She does recover quickly once she gets what she wants and always has amazing manners, without any prompting says ank oo (thank you).
Caleb is also at such a fun stage. He is really starting to communicate his emotions, which I love. He has recently started saying, "you hurt my feelings." While it breaks my heart when he says this I am so excited that my little guy is starting to understand how he feels instead of pitching fits and losing control. He also is really into praying lately. I think he uses it as a stall tactic before bed at times, but it is so sweet to hear him pray for his family, his friends and ask for God to keep the elephants away. He opens every prayer with I pray to (he has his to and for confused) my Buddies and then he ends with praying for them again. I feel confident God is honoring his sweet little prayers and I feel a peace that these little guys are being watched over so many miles away.

Before we left we had an opportunity to hang out and do some fun things with Caleb's little buddy Jackmam, and got some fun pictures I finally got scrapbooked.

This is Jack's 3rd birthday party the day we headed north to Pittsburgh.

Heights park was a fun day and the boys especially loved throwing rocks in the "waderd".

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails