Thursday, February 25, 2010

Boys will be boys and girl will be sweet

We've all heard the stereo types on boys and girls and honestly I don't think I really believed it until I had one of each. I remember thinking in my pride I might add, that parents who can't get there preschool boys to sit still are just not asking that of them. I sit here now and think of the older boy stereo types convinced Caleb will not be one of those, but probably in years to come I will be blogging, admitting my pride, telling you once again boys will be boys. Why am I so convinced of this now? It started out with feeling like we were doing everything possible to teach Caleb self control and manners. I'm sure there are things we could do better, but I know we are pretty hardcore with him. I would say confirmation came with Makaylee. If anything we have been easier on her and yet she doesn't want to break everything with a sword or tackle and smash it to pieces. Caleb could do these activities all day every day and think he was in heaven. Makaylee will play rough for a little while and roar like a dinosaur, but she loves to nurture and take care of everyone.

ex A.


If you're a mom with boys remember that they need to be rough and tumble, so create environments where this is allowed.

Any given night at the Ruiz house


"Wild Things, the Art of Nurturing Boys" is a book I've talked about in the past and the more exposure I have to boys the more convinced I am this book offers truth and help in understanding their unique wiring. I also would encourage you to listen to this podcast. It has some great information and tips to help you understand your boys or even help other peoples boys by creating a world that enables them to thrive as they were created.
Wonder of Boys
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails