Sunday, February 14, 2010

Emmie's Hope

My Aunt and her friend started a non profit Christian organization targeting girls in 7th-8th grade. Their heart is to build self-esteem in these young ladies to assist in preventing the display of at-risk activities. The goals of the program are to encourage positive emotional, social, mental, spiritual and physical development for middle school aged girls.
It has been fun for me to be apart of what they are doing. I've been involved in helping them spread the word about Emmie's Hope. Having a limited budget we have really had to figure out how to get things done on our own. And thus, I've had the privilege of creating their website. Now I have no formal knowledge of web design, html, but the little exposure I've had through creating my blog has enabled me to develop www.emmieshope.org. Take a second to check out. We would love feed back. On top of learning about putting your business on facebook, creating flyers, posters and business cards I've learned a lot about what our teenage girls are facing today. These statistics are pretty disturbing.



It doesn't seem that long ago that I faced these choices and sadly made just about every bad choice possible. The damage and struggles I had to overcome have been difficult to say the least. I so desire that Makaylee will know she is amazing and wonderfully created. I am so proud of the founders of Emmie's Hope for seeing a need and actually doing something about it. They may not be able to reach ever girl right now, but they are determined to make an impact and change the world one girl at a time. I'm encouraged and know that I've been blessed with an opportunity to share Christ's love with Makaylee so she will not be just another statistic.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails