Friday, February 19, 2010

Germs germs everywhere


So I've been trying to figure our how to keep my kids healthy. It breaks my heart to watch them feel miserable, plus it's hard when they don't feel well. Being home bound, whining kiddos, sleepless nights and inevitably catching their illness is just not my cup of tea. So what is the answer? Never go anywhere to keep the germs away? I don't think so. The thought of being completely confined to our house for cold and flu season seems far more miserable than the above list. Besides, I have friends that have attempted this and it didn't seem to work. I thought pumping them full of vitamin C, D3 and probiotics(here's some info if you don't know about these) would help. Sadly, not so much. Finally, avoiding foods that increase mucus should do the trick, wrong! We all are coughing up a lung, currently. One positive that I did learn from all this is Caleb likes almond milk. I am thrilled, an alternative to milk that he will drink without consequences.

Lately, the thing that I've been contemplating is wearing gloves and tying antibacterial to my kids' belt loops. Maybe, I need to become a germ freak. We are going to try this despite all that I believe that contradicts. I find thinking about this is making me a little obsessed. Not to mention, the strong gag reflex I've recently developed when I look at door handles and bathroom flushers.

A side note, going along with keeping things clean. I thought it would be fun to get some feed back. A recent poll in England had the population admitting that half a million Brits only wash their sheets three times a year. Kelly Ripa (love her) washes her sheets every other day. Say what, who has time for that? I am being honest here, so hopefully I don't gross too many of you out. I wash ours about every two weeks and that is doing good. How often do you wash yours? Love to hear comments on this.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. We have multiple sets so I don't have to wash them as often, but I try to change them every other week. I love the feeling of clean sheets, but never seem to have time to change them as often as I would like. Miss you! Let's plan a get together this spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing well to change them every other week. It's usually longer! Sorry, but true. Maybe I should move to Europe.

    Chrys

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's better to take in probiotics supplements. Here's a good brand: http://probiotics.mercola.com/probiotics.html/ Been using this for years already and can't say enough of good things about it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails