Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Coldness all around

After our big snow storm last Friday when we got 2 1/2 feet in about 12 hours it has been pretty bad up here. Schools have been out and many people have had days without power. Not too desirable in below 0 temperatures. Just when we thought we were out of the woods we are getting pounded with more snow. It started today around 2:00pm and it's still coming down hard. We are doing well, our water was restored Sunday, so we were only restricted for a short time. Last night our power randomly went out for about 6 hours and it did get a little cold, but no big deal. The most annoying thing about that was it jacked up our security system. After being woken up the first time from a beeping fire detector, a second time by Caleb screaming he had to pee (this is a regular thing right now) I about had a heart attack from the blaring alarm system. Consequently, I've been a little cranky all day. I am praying we don't lose power tonight, but trusting if God's using it to refine me that it will be a good thing. Lovin winter in the north. I do have to say Mickey D's was pretty amazing today. With all the kids out of school it was a chaotic, energetic event. I loved watching the kids interact with so many kiddos. Makaylee was climbing that huge playground like a big kid, with a little assistance from brother.

Sadly, I had my first experience as a mom of watching my little guy get dissed by his attempt at making a new friend. I am sure this will be the first of many. I was proud of myself for restraining what I really wanted to say, "Don't worry buddy she just a mean fatty." with something much more constructive "Buddy sometimes people are not kind, but don't let it hurt you. Find someone who wants to have fun to play with." He proceeded to run and hide his face. I think he was hurt and embarrassed. So in the words of Marmee from little women, "I so wish I could give my children a more just world, but more importantly I hope to encourage them to make it a better place.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails