Wednesday, July 29, 2009

WE HAD A DATE NIGHT!!

When you move across the country one of the minor inconvenience is finding a babysitter in a place you really don't know anyone. Well, last night one of Cory's coworkers, who is super sweet and has been such a joy to get to know, watched the kiddos, so we could go to a really nice dinner. It was a work related deal to thank one of the teams for their amazing hard work, but it was at an awesome restaurant Capital Grille. I was so thankful to have time with adults. I was soaking in the ambiance like a child at Disney World. Before we knew it 3 hours past, thankfully it didn't take us too long to get home. We sure didn't want to take advantage of the amazingly kind gift of childcare.
Caleb loved our time away. He said 2 things that made me confident this was a successful date night for all of us. As we were getting ready to leave he said, "You can go mom, and if you need me just give me a call." And as L. was putting him down for bed he asked to have another date with her. It brings tears to my eyes that my little guy who doesn't like being away from his Momma had so much fun. Makaylee was a good little girl and they both got gold stars for their behavior.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails