Monday, July 13, 2009

White Trash Water Park

I told the kids we could go to the pool today and after getting all ready I realized today is Monday. Sadly, the club is closed on Mondays. I was in a bit of a pickle. I sure didn't want to rain on my sweet little guys parade. He was extremely excited to go, so I came up with an alternative. Last year our WT pool, as Cory calls it, was a great form of entertainment for Caleb. He loved sliding down our little plastic slide into the water, so we set it up. Then we got a little more creative and stuck the sprayer through the whole and we had a three year old's paradise, a White Trash Water Park.
Spraying water and a slippery slide lead to hours of entertainment. Makaylee enjoyed the fun too, but her temperature gauge is too much like mommy's and the warm concrete was much more appealing.

I thought I would write down three ideas for each of the kiddos that describes them best in this stage.

Caleb
Inquisitive
Loves Baseball
Energetic & Adventurous
Exhibit A. canon balling of the slide



Makaylee
Determined
Affectionate (loves cuddling with Mommy and blankey and giving kisses to everyone)
Wants to do whatever big brother is doing including drinking his sippy cup
As I write this I am watching a movie, which starts out with 2 divorcees dropping their kids off at the airport to go visit the other parent. I started tearing up, just thinking about this terribly difficult situation that is a reality for so many. I understand this struggle well having grown up in a divorced home. This scenario reminds me of how thankful I am that I have such an amazing husband who puts his family above all else. I am thankful we have so much fun together and that I know my children feel loved. In the mist of life's little frustrations it is good to remember what's truly important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails